News that Michael Fassbender has been cast in David Sandberg’s Kung Fury has been overshadowed by resurfaced allegations that he abused his ex-girlfriend Sunawin Andrews in 2009. The Daily Beast dug up the old allegations.
The 40-year-old allegedly broke Andrews’ nose after an evening of heavy drinking. The report was first published in 2010 by TMZ.
- Here’s what allegedly happened: After drinking heavily at a film festival, Fassbender woke in a puddle of his own urine, became violent and threw Andrews over a chair, which broke her nose.
- The report claims that Fassbender had also previously dragged her alongside their car, leaving her with a twisted ankle, injured kneecap and ruptured ovarian cyst. Andrews reportedly filed a petition for a restraining order in L.A. County Superior Court in 2010.
- When the Daily Beast asked Andrews for a comment, she told a reporter: “You’ve got the paperwork. What more is there to say?”
- Fassbender has been nominated for an Oscar twice and is married to Alicia Vikander, who recently told Vogue of their marriage: “I feel I’m more happy and content than I’ve ever been.”
- Neither Vikander or Fassbender has commented on these latest reports.