Why do we celebrate this holiday? Nurses are the backbone of medical care, nurses are repeatedly ranked the most trusted profession, and even when they’re not working, they’re nursing friends and family!
Ways to celebrate National Nurses Day!
1. Thank the nurses in your life. With more than 3 million registered nurses in the United States, chances are there’s at least one nurse out there who would be thrilled to receive your gratitude
2. Give the gift of caffeine. Long shifts = standing on their feet for 12 hours or more. There’s nothing better than a boost of caffeine mid-shift!
3. Buy a Chipotle digital gift card before May 9th and the burrito chain will match 10% of the purchases, donating the funds to the American Nurses Foundation, part of the American Nurses Association.
4. You can also nominate your favorite nurse for a chance to receive free McAlister’s Deli catering for their entire work team. Nominate your top nurse at McAlistersDeli.com
5. Learn about the woman responsible for it all. The name Florence Nightingale must ring a bell, but do you know what her claim to fame was? Educate yourself about this groundbreaking woman who influenced the way for modern nursing. Check out the documentary The Lady with the Lamp.