Cody Collins • Monday – Friday 5 to 10am
I was born and raised in Hendricks County, grew up in Pittsboro, Indiana and graduated from Tri West High School where I lettered in football and baseball. I started my radio career in Frankfort, Indiana in 1982 at WSHW/WILO. My career has taken me from Indiana to North Carolina, Ohio, Maine, Kentucky, West Virginia, Missouri, and now back home in Indiana.
- Who is your favorite band or artist? My favorites include Journey, Queen, Mellencamp and Springsteen.
- What was the best concert you attended? My favorite concert was seeing Springsteen at the Hoosier Dome.
- What do you like to do for fun? I’m a huge sports fan, especially football, so I try to watch as much as I can when my kids aren’t hogging the TV. I love the Colts, St. Louis Cardinals, and University of Kentucky Wildcats.
My wife Ally and I have been married since 1999, and we have 4 kids, plus 3 cats and 2 dogs.
Mike Sullivan • Monday – Friday 10am to 3pm
I was born in Bloomington, Indiana and did all of my schooling there including at Bloomington North High School, where I was a four year letterman in Tennis and started taking Broadcasting courses. I started my radio broadcasting career on the IU campus in the Union Building on a Free-Form station known as WQAX in 1977. That was followed by a stint on the IU Student run WIUS. I graduated from Indiana the same year Bob Knight threw the famous chair against Purdue, 1985. My first full-time radio gig was actually in Sales in Lafayette, but my passion has always been on-air. I’ve had the pleasure of being an air personality in this market since 1991.
- Who is your favorite band or artist? My favorite groups include Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Steely Dan.
- What was the best concert you attended? My favorite concert was definitely seeing Queen at Market Square Arena in 1981. Nobody owned the stage like Freddy Mercury. The only drawback was the guy sitting behind us threw up on our seats, so my friend and I had to watch most of the show from the aisle. Still worth it!
- What do you like to do for fun? I have always had an interest not only on being in front of a microphone in studio, but also on stage including many public speaking engagements, theatre, stand-up comedy, and karaoke. I also love to dance, and that love began back in the disco era which included performing in Columbus’“Dancing With The Stars.”
- Some of My favorite hobbies are golf, softball, and biking when it’s 50 degrees and warmer, and reading when it’s colder. I will always support my Hoosiers in all sports and also am passionate about the Reds, Colts, and Pacers. I’ve been married to my wife Becky since 2003 and our baby is our Shitz-zu Buddy.
Rich Anthony • Monday – Friday 3pm to 7pm
I was born and raised in Grand Blanc, Michigan. I spent 8 years living in Oklahoma City before returning to Michigan and graduating from Specs Howard School Of Broadcasting Arts. I landed my first job in radio in Monticello, Indiana in 1995. After 5 years there, I spent 2 years in Lafayette before moving to Columbus in 2001. I’m married to my wife Joanne and have 3 stepkids (I don’t really call them that, they’re my kids). I have an older son, Chris in Oklahoma. I play softball 2-3 nights a week, I’ve been on the CSA board since 2007, have volunteered for the ARC of Bartholomew County and various other charities and school functions throughout the years. I never thought my home would be in Indiana but it is and I’m loving it.
- Where are you originally from? Grand Blanc, Michigan (just outside of Flint)
- Who is your favorite band or artist? The Eagles
- What was the best concert you attended? The Eagles at the United Center in Chicago in 2008
- Name 3 of your favorite movies? The Usual Suspects, The Other Guys & Four Christmases
- Do you have any pets? Yes, two Chihuahuas, Maggie and Woody and a cat named Maize
- What is your favorite food? Italian
- What do you like to do for fun? Travel, softball or concerts
Tim Wayne • Monday-Friday 7pm-12am; Sundays 10am to 2pm
I was born right here in Columbus, Indiana. Moved to Seymour when I was 9 and graduated from Seymour High School. I am an Indiana State University graduate. Started in Radio, TV and Film and ended with a B.S. in Criminology/Pre-Law. After college served in the U.S. Army as a Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent. Just think of NCIS…just with the Army. I guess you could say that life has come around full circle for me since I lost a bet and became a weekend on-air personality for 106.1 The River. Seriously, being here has been a breath of fresh air and I do enjoy it.
- Mt favorite band is Chicago. Boston is a close second. I have seen Chicago twice. Once with Peter Cetera and once with his replacement Jason Scheff. The concert with Cetera was the best. Something about incorporating horns into the act sends it over the top for me.
- My three favorite movies are Tombstone, The Shawshank Redemption and Rocky 1 or 2. I do like a lot of the newer movies, but not as much as these classics.
- Pets? Nah. I did have a great dog named Baron. He and I were inseparable for 17 years. Lost him about a year and a half ago. Still think about him every day.
- My favorite food is Southern fried chicken. Pizza a close second.
- I dabble in the voice-over business for fun. I also like golf, astronomy, metal detecting and gem hunting.
- I am a local business owner. I have two children, Zachary and Sydney and one Grandson Roscoe.