Todd Berryman • Monday – Friday 5am-10am
- Where are you originally from? I am a Columbus native, and have lived in town, off and on, for almost 20 years: the first five, for another five in the mid-1990s, and moving back to town almost 10 years ago.
- Who is your favorite band or artist? Of the bands and musicians we play on 106.1 The River, I’m a fan of Steely Dan, the Police, Paul Simon and the late Tom Petty.
What was the best concert you attended? One of the best shows I’ve ever seen was the Tedeschi Trucks Band, with Jefferson Airplane offshoot Hot Tuna and the Wood Brothers as openers.
- Name 3 of your favorite movies? My favorite movies include pretty much any Mike Nelson-helmed episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. For more conventional films, I’d say my favorites are Hopscotch with Walter Matthau, Akira Kurosawa’s Madadayo and the original version of The Magnificent Seven.
- Do you have any pets? Currently I have no pets, but that will change in the near future.
- What is your favorite food? My favorite food is my own homemade macaroni and cheese or chili.
- What do you like to do for fun? Hobbies for me include recording (as in mixtapes), iTunes maintenance, journaling and photography.
Mike Sullivan • Monday – Friday 10am to 3pm
I was born in Bloomington,Indiana and did all of my major schooling there including at Bloomington North High School and 1985 graduate of Indiana University. I started my radio broadcasting career on the IU campus in the Union Building on a Free-Form station known as WQAX followed by a year on the IU station WIUS. I am celebrating my 40th anniversary of my first radio job.
- Who is your favorite band or artist? My favorite groups include Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Steely Dan.
- What was the best concert you attended? My favorite concert was definitely seeing Queen at Market Sqare Arena in 1981. Nobody owned the stage like Freddy Mercury.
- What do you like to do for fun? I have always had an interest not only on being in front of a microphone in studio, but also on stage including many public speaking engagements, theatre, stand-up comedy, and karaoke. I also love to dance, and that love began back in the disco era and most recently included performing in our local “Dancing With The Stars.”
- Some of My favorite hobbies are golf, softball, and biking when it’s 50 degrees and warmer, and reading when it’s colder. I will always support my Hoosiers in all sports and also am passionate about the Reds, Colts, and Pacers. I’ve been married to my wife Becky since 2003 and our baby is our Shitz-zu Buddy.
Rich Anthony • Monday – Friday 3pm to 8pm
I was born and raised in Grand Blanc, Michigan. I spent 8 years living in Oklahoma City before returning to Michigan and graduating from Specs Howard School Of Broadcasting Arts. I landed my first job in radio in Monticello, Indiana in 1995. After 5 years there, I spent 2 years in Lafayette before moving to Columbus in 2001. I’m married to my wife Joanne and have 3 stepkids (I don’t really call them that, they’re my kids). I have an older son, Chris in Oklahoma. I play softball 2-3 nights a week, I’ve been on the CSA board since 2007, have volunteered for the ARC of Bartholomew County and various other charities and school functions throughout the years. I never thought my home would be in Indiana but it is and I’m loving it.
- Where are you originally from? Grand Blanc, Michigan (just outside of Flint)
- Who is your favorite band or artist? The Eagles
- What was the best concert you attended? The Eagles at the United Center in Chicago in 2008
- Name 3 of your favorite movies? The Usual Suspects, The Other Guys & Four Christmases
- Do you have any pets? Yes, two Chihuahuas, Maggie and Woody and a cat named Maize
- What is your favorite food? Italian
- What do you like to do for fun? Travel, softball or concerts
Lisa Starr • Monday – Friday 8pm to Midnight
I was born in Chicago, and grew up just outside of Memphis Tennessee. My radio career with 1061 The River began in 2014 after being discovered at a Karaoke show I was hosting in Columbus. It’s a dream come true, and I’m truly blessed to work with so many talented people. Married to my husband Cody, with 3 adult children, Jeff, Tanner, and Kelsey. I enjoy time with family & friends, eating out, cooking and going to the movies. I believe in giving back to the community and, volunteer quite a bit of time to Veteran events.
- Where are you originally from? Chicago, IL
- Who is your favorite band or artist? Eagles, John Mellencamp & Tom Petty
- What was the best concert you attended? Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special & Brett Michaels
- Name 3 of your favorite movies? The Notebook, Shirley Temple Movies, & White Christmas
- Do you have any pets? 3 cats, Smoky, Angel & Macy
- What is your favorite food? Italian & Mexican
- What do you like to do for fun? I love going to the Beach, Singing Karaoke & going to concerts.
Tim Wayne • Sundays 6 to 10am
I was born right here in Columbus, Indiana. Moved to Seymour when I was 9 and graduated from Seymour High School. I am an Indiana State University graduate. Started in Radio, TV and Film and ended with a B.S. in Criminology/Pre-Law. After college served in the U.S. Army as a Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent. Just think of NCIS…just with the Army. I guess you could say that life has come around full circle for me since I lost a bet and became a weekend on-air personality for 106.1 The River. Seriously, being here has been a breath of fresh air and I do enjoy it.
- Mt favorite band is Chicago. Boston is a close second. I have seen Chicago twice. Once with Peter Cetera and once with his replacement Jason Scheff. The concert with Cetera was the best. Something about incorporating horns into the act sends it over the top for me.
- My three favorite movies are Tombstone, The Shawshank Redemption and Rocky 1 or 2. I do like a lot of the newer movies, but not as much as these classics.
- Pets? Nah. I did have a great dog named Baron. He and I were inseparable for 17 years. Lost him about a year and a half ago. Still think about him every day.
- My favorite food is Southern fried chicken. Pizza a close second.
- I dabble in the voice-over business for fun. I also like golf, astronomy, metal detecting and gem hunting.
- I am a local business owner. I have two children, Zachary and Sydney and one Grandson Roscoe.