Ignite Columbus returns on Thursday
Ignite Columbus, a pitch competition organized by the Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, is returning this week.
Participants will present their most innovative or enlightening ideas is five minute pitches. Each pitch will have 20 slides, each shown for 15 seconds. Winners of the most innovative and most enlightening presentations will receive cash prizes.
The innovation category features presentations with competitors pitching their business ideas for funding, while the enlightening presentations are not tied to a particular project but must be fun, entertaining and educational. Both categories must offer improvements to the Columbus community.
The event is sponsored by German American Bank and Velocities. The emcee will be Skye Nicholson. Judges are Scott Ballard, Roger Lee and a representative from Airpark Columbus College Campus.
Scheduled presenters for the innovation category include:
- Lena Blackstock: Stories in/about place
- Nathan Donnelly: Public Art Events Featuring Glassblowing
- Alison Grimes: Columbus Recovery Cafe
- Brandon Green: Mobile Lockers and Wagons
- Parker Harwood: Multi-Material 3D Printing
Enlightening presenters include:
- Kaytlin Lock: Sensory Play Space
- Monica Salazar: Exotic Gems
- Siddhant Jain: The Snowball Effect
- Natalia A. Martinez: The Effects of Parental Divorce on Emotional Development
Ignite Columbus is Thursday from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Helen Haddad Hall, 315 Franklin St, Columbus.